Elly Zervoudakis MCN Consulting’s Managing Director and is a skilled expert in operational business strategy and performance improvement.
In her strategic experience she has addressed both the cost and the income side of the business, while in her performance improvement capacity Elly has led large programs in delivering work such as turnarounds and new operating models for FTSE100 and Fortune 500
Elly brings a wealth of experience from different industries, and has worked with multiple major Energy and Utilities companies and Government organizations including: BP, Shell, National Grid, EdF, Texaco, E.ON, RWE, s, Centrica, Scottish Power/Iberdrola, Thames Water, SWW, United Utilities, DECC, and Ofgem.
Her work has included:
- Ran business transformation for a FTSE 100 utility, delivering over £80mil of performance improvements over an eighteen-month period.
- Led turnaround program for large infrastructure company dealing with 3 separate unions, complicated debt restructuring, and cost/revenue issues, back to profit in twelve months.
- Worked with Integrated Oil & Gas Major to release US$ MULTIMILLION by rationalising initiatives & refocusing on “cash”
- Advised the senior leadership of a FTSE100 utility on how to respond to the regulatory accusation of having deliberately foreclosed the market which threatened the viability of the business (potential impact greater than £600m).
- Managed change of large UK government department training & changing the behavior of 5000+ employees country-wide.
- Advising on policy for Energy Regulation in the UK: Examined the challenges facing UK energy policy and the supporting regulatory structure and proposed how to address them. Most recommendations have been adopted as the government’s policy.
- Advising on policy for Smart Utilities: Coordinated sector-wide work with major utilities, the CBI, and Government organizations to understand the direction of SMART market. Led discussion forum with senior execs which concluded with a set of recommendations for Government which are currently being implemented.
Elly joined MCN from Corven where she was Head of Utilities and Infrastructure Practice and ran large programs of work, managed consulting relationships with key clients, and oversaw business development and thought leadership in these sectors. Formerly she had also served at A.T. Kearney specializing in strategy, operational change and program management, as well as Citigroup where she ran operations departments for corporate and investment banking, which she integrated to drive down duplication and costs (c£1mil) and led the implementation planning of the new back office system (affected over 100 people).
Elly has a degree in Aerospace Engineering from WPI (USA). Her thesis was published as part of Prof Alexandrou & Olinger revolutionary flow & wake analysis. She holds an MBA (City University Business School; CASS) where her dissertation was written on behalf of Texaco, UK, assessing the marketing strategy of downstream operations and forecourts of Petrol Stations. Elly has trained with the US Air Force and has represented Greece in NASA’s 1991 International Space Camp. She has taught as a guest lecturer at the University of Surrey, is the founder and owner of TGL Publications, and is on the board of Life Action Trust Charity where she is responsible for chairing and organizing many of the charity’s events, and is an active member of the Ethiopian Education Foundation. She has written numerous articles on the Energy market in her home country, Greece, and speaks fluent Greek, English, French, Italian; intermediate Spanish, and Hindi.